My Tupa (Great-grandmother.) RIP

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Top 3

Top 3 things every woman should judge a man by:

1)How does he behave around children, elders, women, and animals.
For me behavior around elders is my number one thought whenever there are elders present. I was raised to be respectful, considerate, gentle, polite, and understanding towards elders because my culture truly treasures them. If I notice anyone being disrespectful, rude, or inconsiderate towards any elderly person, I instantly lose respect, no matter the person. The same concept goes for women, because we believe they are the most powerful beings, children because they are the future, and animals, because they are connected to my culture, and provide companionship.

2)The way a woman is spoken to.
Being in a verbally abusive relationship is not fun. Women should not have to deal with being talked down to, and should awknowledge disrespect right away. Even if the abuse is not directed towards you, but another woman, such as his mother, sister, or even a woman in a customer service position; the abuse cannot be ignored. If he is harmful to any female, he is not a man; he's a bully.

3)The way he behaves when he thinks no one is watching him.
When a person thinks he or she is not being watched, is when they'll show their true selves. A good man is someone who picks up garbage when it's not his own, and holds doors for total strangers. You find out if someone is genuinely nice by watching them without their knowledge, because they're not trying to impress anyone.

I know my topic was kind of dull, but it's important to me for women to have standards about the relationships they form, and keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers